Disclaimer: The ordinances listed on this website are for the convenience of residents or other interested persons. If there is any discrepancy in the information between this website and the original ordinances on file at the Township office, the original ordinances in the Township office take precedence.
Ordinance #43 - Defacing PropertyAN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF HARFORD, SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY ON DEFACING PUBLIC AND PRIVATE PROPERTY.
- Intent: It shall be unlawful for any person, partnership, corporation or agent acting independently or under direction of the principal to deface any private or public buildings, structures, signs, banners, or vehicles within the Township.
- Examples of Defacing: Defacing shall include but not limited to the following examples:
- Application of paint, inks, and dyes.
- Affixing of any printed materials such as signs or posters.
- Destruction or removal.
- Defacing in any manner.
- Penalty: Anyone who defaces public or private property will be subject to a fine not less then Fifty Dollars ($50.00) nor more then Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) plus the cost of repair and/or replacement plus the cost of installation. Each occurrence will constitute a separate offense.
Adopted August 10, 2010